Hanging for Fitters
Learn about the installation requirements for hanging fire sprinkler pipe. NFPA 13 does not require the hangers to be dimensioned on the working plans, so the final placement and installation falls on the fitter. This course will review the basic requirements for hangers, shared support structures, and pipe stands. Additionally, this course will review hanger spacing requirements and intermediate hanger omission rules.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Identify which components of a hanger assembly need to be listed.
- Identify and apply the requirements for attachments to structure detailed in NFPA 13.
- Apply the information in the trapeze hanger tables to properly size trapeze members.
- Understand the maximum spacing requirements and allowable omissions per NFPA 13.
Continuing Education Credits: 0.1 CEUs, 1.0 CPDs, 0.1 CAL FIRE Fitter CEUs
- This webinar offers CAL FIRE approved CEUs
Please log in to receive member pricing.